EMC Centera Migrations
Great News for Centera Customers
Specialist tools, services and expertise are available right now to help optimise data management on your EMC Centera Storage Infrastructure.
Companies in all sectors are facing external and internal pressures that force them to review their archiving data strategy:
- Ever more rigorous legislation and regulation means that data must be securely archived for the specified period – and not a moment longer; Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC Rule 17a-4 and FSA in the financial sector and HIPAA in the healthcare sector are prime examples. Organisations struggle with understanding how compliant their archived data really is, as well as gaining a clear view of how much data is being stored.
- Spiraling volumes of data escalates the demand for storage capacity. Increasingly, the scope has broadened beyond retaining documents and email to include voice recordings, surveillance footage, scientific and engineering images, medical X-rays/MRI scans, security scanning and other communications that require storing and archiving.
- But… the squeeze on budgets means you must keep a lid on management and infrastructure costs and store data in line with its value to the business and the need for compliance. Simply adding capacity is not a sustainable solution.
Take a Fresh Look at your Centera Infrastructure
Improve your visibility of your data, its age and its location.
- The Centera Data Assessment & Reporting service will analyse the data you are storing, and help you to understand whether it is compliant information, and what content could – and even should – be removed. Although available as a one-time service, regular reporting provides a detailed, accurate picture of your archived environment to keep you in control of your corporate information assets. With the report providing a firm foundation of up-to-date knowledge of your archived data, we can help you to consider your options for improving compliance and achieving cost- efficient management…
- Optimise your existing Centera platform by identifying: data to be deleted to meet regulatory requirements or because it is never accessed; and data that could be transferred to a less stringently compliant platform.
- Potentially migrate rapidly to an alternative Dell EMC solution, including the Unified VNX Storage platform, Isilon NAS systems and Atmos Cloud.
Provide a basis for fair and accurate charge back.
- The report enables a high level of flexibility in creating charge back reports – an essential capability in many sectors. A charge back report could typically include: applications; division, business unit or project; types of files (PDF, doc, etc.); file names; age of the file; and file size. A combination of fields can be used to build a charging unit; for example, file type plus business unit.
The Centera Data Assessment and Reporting Service
This service delivers a comprehensive report on your data to see how its retention complies with regulatory bodies such as SEC, HIPAA, SOX and many more. It includes:
- A report about the number of objects on your Centera infrastructure
- A health check looking at potentially corrupt data, and your policies for retention and deletion
- An automatic process implemented by Reciprocal to explore all Centera systems for: visualisation of data, data retention/ integrity/loss; system utilisation; validation/invalidation of business processes; compliance with SEC Rule 17a-4, HIPAA and other rules and regulations; ability to satisfy third-party inquiries
Regularly reporting in this way is a vital part of optimising your Centera infrastructure, ensuring it operates at peak performance and complies with regulatory bodies.
In migration projects, the service shows the data sets, and forms a basis for assessing the type and volume of data to be migrated and estimating project timescales.
EMC Centera: Content-addressable storage (CAS) platform for data archiving, whether your using Voice for call recordings, PACS for MRI Scans and X-rays or document records and email archiving.
Centera’s provides content authenticity, governance and compliance, long-term retention, and high availability with maximum efficiency and low total cost of ownership (TCO).
Fast, Compliant Migration of Large Data Volumes to Another Enterprise Compliant Solution (ECS)
We can support you in migrating files and applications:
- From your present Centera system to a later generation of Centera
- From Centera to a Unity, ECS, Isilon or Atmos Cloud solution or other solutions
With enterprise archives expanding every day, organisations using a CAS solution can be deterred from migrating because of the time involved when traditional file migration methods are attempted.
In contrast, Reciprocal takes a unique approach to the data migration process.
As opposed to migration vendors who migrate data through the host and application, Reciprocal and Dell EMC go behind the application, taking full advantage of the parallelism in the Centera architecture to migrate large volumes – 10 and 100s of terabytes, and even petabytes – of data extremely quickly, without any disruption to your business services for archiving or any impact on operational performance.
The complete audit trail is kept intact throughout for regulatory purposes, while the migration database of object transactions remains accessible on-line to customers for a full five years after each migration.
Highlights of the migration service include:
- Unmatched data migration speeds TB’s a day
- Uncompromised compliance – the chain of custody remains whole throughout all audit and migration processes
- Data integrity maintained – the original data never changes and the Centera system stays as found
- Real-time migration portal – customers can monitor the progress of audits and migrations and view vital statistics